Aged Care Resources
Writing Professional Progress Notes
Get step-by-step guidance on how to write clear, appropriate, and legal progress notes. Protect yourself, your organisation, and your clients, while providing quality care in the process.
**For organisations wishing to purchase multiple copies for staff members, please see the ‘Multiple Copies’ instructions in the Description below.**
$97.00 (+ GST)
Progress notes play a vital role in supporting the framework of quality aged care and disability support. They are documents created by care or support staff, usually during or at the end of a shift, and form an essential part of the individual Client File. They are brief narrative entries written to record both positive and negative events relating to the person.
This course has been primarily developed to support those staff working in the aged and community care industries, however, the information is also relevant to other people working in disability support, health, children and social services, and related industries.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- identify reasons for maintaining accurate progress notes
- demonstrate the basics of writing a professional progress note
- identify common mistakes in progress notes so you can avoid them
- complete progress notes according to your organisation’s policies and procedures
- understand and be able to ensure the confidentiality and security of client records
Carrie and Kell are your instructors for this course. Both are experienced aged care trainers, and have worked extensively in the aged care and community care sectors for many years, from the ground up to management level. As such, they’re well aware of your needs and the issues that surround the documentation requirements of the industry.
Multiple Copies: This course is available for bulk purchase if you are an organisation that wishes to put multiple staff members through the course. Follow these steps to purchase multiple copies:
- Select the 'Group' option above the 'Add to cart' button.
- After selecting the 'Group' option, a quantity selector will appear - add the number of staff members you'd like to purchase the course for here.
- In the 'Group/Organisation Name' box, add a simple name that your staff members will recognise, for example, your business/organisation name.
- Click the 'Add to Cart' button.
- On the Cart page, check the quantity is correct, then click 'Proceed to checkout' to complete your purchase.
Purchase Orders: If you are an organisation and would like to pay using a purchase order, please enter your purchase order number into the Purchase Order box on the checkout screen and we will follow up with payment details. Allow up to 24 hours for processing (excluding weekends).